General outlines for the various camps offered for the Fall 2016 season:
Tykes (under 4's):
1. will meet Wednesdays from 5:00-6:00(ish)
2. have no soccer or competitive sports experience.
3. may choose to participate in many drills without a soccer ball.
4. will concentrate on exercise and fun more than... soccer.
5. will peter out after 45 minutes.
6. will not progress to "scrimmages".
7. will learn soccer by accident!
Peewees (generally under 6's):
1. will meet Tues, Wed or Thurs from 5:00-6:00
2. have little to no soccer/sports experience (except returning Peewees!)
3. will progress to introduce a ball into most drills.
4. will exhibit sportsmanship by following directions or not hitting the next one in line.
5. will be in motion (running) for at least 50% of practice.
6. may progress to scrimmages... eventually.
7. will sleep for you after practice!
Bridge (generally under 8's)
1. will meet Tuesdays from 5:00-6:15
2. may have previous introduction to soccer (or competitive sports).
3. will have a soccer ball at their foot for 100% of practice (except in scrimmages...)
4. will learn the basic rules of soccer necessary to participate in a game setting.
4b. will concentrate on sportsmanship, leadership and exercise more than winning.
5. will be in motion approximately 75% of a practice (and require many water breaks).
6. will generally practice 30-40min of drills each week, followed by a 20min scrimmage.
7. will learn that there is only ONE CAPITOLO!.
Intramurals (8+ yo's)
1. will practice Thursdays from 5:00-6:30.
2. have previous soccer experience, or have graduated CYSC Bridge Camp.
3. will continue to develop individual skill with a soccer ball, but
4. will learn how individual effort ultimately contributes to team success.
5. will participate in all facets of the game: field play, goalie, substitute, offense, defense...
6. will practice weekly & showcase their skills in Saturday morning games.
7. will Win as a team or Lose as a team.